August 31, 2024

30 Day Drawing Challenge - Summary and Conclusions

 

Drawing Challenge -
Summary and Conclusions

 

The drawings below were done as part of a drawing challenge in Ian Roberts' "Mastering Composition" courseFor general information and explanation, please refer to the Foreword section of my Day 1 post here.


So, here we are, 30 drawings later... I must say that the challenge was definitely worth my time and effort. I definitely noticed that the process of drawing became easier and faster as time went on. Most of all, I found that it was much easier for me to visually express what I wanted. It is kind of like learning to write. After a lengthy process of practice, one no longer thinks about or pays attention to forming individual letters and words. Instead, one just uses them automatically, in order to communicate thoughts and messages.
    It was a great and rewarding challenge, and I highly recommend something of this kind to all, who want to up their creative game. Of course, there are is a great variety of art challenges out there, from individual, short ones, to ones done with a group of people and for longer periods of time. This article from Artful Pursuits not only lists some of the benefits of art challenges, but also gives a few examples of different types.
    If you followed my posts throughout these past 30 days - thank you so much for joining me on this journey. Your support and presence means a lot to me, and I really appreciate you stopping by. In the nearest future, I plan to take one more Ian Roberts' art course, to push myself artistically even further. See you in future posts. Wishing you a beautiful day.



*** Because I might use some of the images for future work, I kindly ask that you do not copy or use my drawings as ideas or reference for your own work, or re-post them elsewhere.


Link to my Instagram page here.



2 comments:

  1. Wow Margaret! I loved this challenge. That’s amazing that you did one daily. I especially loved the ones with the tiger, sailboat, and utensils. Lovely play of light. Brings me back to our Graphic Design days when your work often blew me away. Congrats!!! Were you drawing from images or imagination or real world stuff? Good for you getting back to drawing again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Chris! Thank you so much for the kind words. I was drawing mostly based on/inspired by my own photos (with a couple of exceptions).

      Delete