August 5, 2024

30 Day Drawing Challenge - Day 5

 

Boats 2

 

This artwork was done as part of a drawing challenge in Ian Roberts' "Mastering Composition" courseFor general information and explanation, please refer to the Foreword section of my Day 1 post here.

 

I drew this from a photo taken by Ian Roberts.  This version of the boats was done on white paper, and it felt, as if it took forever to fill in the water and background trees.  (Graphite pencil on Strathmore Bristol Smooth, 300 series).
      Just for comparison, below you'll also find a vertical version of the same scene (done on Day 4 of the challenge). You can see how a difference of orientation, cropping and paper can affect the overall feeling/mood of an image. To me, the horizontal one feels more calm and somewhat introspective.






 

*** Because I might use some of the images for future work, I kindly ask that you do not copy or use my drawings as ideas or reference for your own work, or re-post them elsewhere.

 Link to my Instagram page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment