August 13, 2024

30 Day Drawing Challenge - day 13

 

Phalaenopsis (Moth) orchid

 

This artwork was done as part of a drawing challenge in Ian Roberts' "Mastering Composition" courseFor general information and explanation, please refer to the Foreword section of my Day 1 post here.

 

I drew this from my own photo, of my own household plant. Using black paper made drawing an easy and quick process, since the darkest tones are already present. It would be rather difficult to achieve such dark, rich black with a graphite pencil. Even with a very dark pencil, it would take a long time and several layers to do so. (Prismacolor Premier white and white charcoal pencils on Clairefontaine Carb'ON  paper).

 

*** Because I might use some of the images for future work, I kindly ask that you do not copy or use my drawings as ideas or reference for your own work, or re-post them elsewhere.

Link to my Instagram page here.




 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment