August 4, 2024

30 Day Drawing Challenge - Day 4

 

Boats 1

 

This artwork was done as part of a drawing challenge in Ian Roberts' "Mastering Composition" courseFor general information and explanation, please refer to the Foreword section of my Day 1 post here.

 

I drew this from a photo taken by Ian Roberts.  Because the mid-values are already present on toned paper, this drawing was easier and faster to do, than on regular white surface. I also found the surface of the paper to be rather textured. Consequently, a small drawing like this one (approx. 4x6") ends up looking very grainy as well. (Graphite and white charcoal pencils on Strathmore Toned Tan, 400 series).

 


 


*** Because I might use some of the images for future work, I kindly ask that you do not copy or use my drawings as ideas or reference for your own work, or re-post them elsewhere. 


Link to my Instagram page here.






No comments:

Post a Comment